BDP-S590 Amazon Instant Video App not working

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:06 pm

I have been using my BDP-S590 player for a while and Amazon Instant Video worked just fine. Starting yesterday (or at least when I first noticed it) the videos will not play and if they do it is with the poorest possible quality. As part of my troubleshooting efforts I have:

- Confirmed my internet is working properly (~20 Mbps confirmed with ATT speed test)

- Reset modem/router

- Confirmed other streaming apps are working properly (Netflx, Vudu, etc.)

- Reconnected the BD player to the wireless network

- Unplugged BD player, help power button for 30 sec then plugged back in

- Called Amazon to confirm there is no outage reported on their side and they ran various tests to confirm what is happening when I try to stream a movie

The message I am most often seeing is "Your device's available Internet bandwidth is too low for uninterrupted streaming. You might experience pauses while the video is buffering." Again, I have confirmed there is no internet issues both with the provider and the other applications streaming videos (and other devices on same network).

I did attempt to discuss with someone from Sony over the phone but they informed me they will not discuss Sony products with customers unless it was bought recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thema

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Hello JPGogo, thank you for your message.

Depending on the file size of the video clip you are watching, it is possible that some video may pause and go into buffering mode when playing.

The Internet connection speed can vary for many reasons. Below are the most common causes:
Alyna

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Same issue as JPGogo...

I have been experiencing this issue for the last couple of months. At this point, I don't know if there is anything left I can do on my end. I have reset to default and used Google's DNS setting to no avail. Sony CS stated the unit would need to be serviced or replaced at this point. This is especially frustrating since the player is not that old, but out of warranty, and both the inexpensive streaming devices from Amazon and Google perform perfectly at the same location.

VERY DISAPPOINTING. May not look at Sony, if a replacement is necessary.

Cameron Garrod

Return to Blu-ray Players