BDPS3200 does not display home menu or DVD

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:23 pm

I have a new Sharp HDTV (LC-70LE660) connected to the Sony BDPS3200 via HDMI. When powering up the blu ray player, I see the "splash screen" (Sony and Blu ray logos), but then the screen goes black and "no signal" is displayed on the tv. So, I never see the home menu of the blu ray player. However, if I put in a BLU RAY disc it will play just fine, but when the movie is over and I eject the disc once again "no signal" and no home menu. On the other hand, if I put in a DVD disc I hear the audio (it goes through a soundbar) but still "no signal" on the tv. So basically the home menu and DVD content will not display on the tv, but the splash screen and Blu ray content play just fine. I tested it out on my old hdtv and everything (home menu, DVD and BRD) plays just fine.

Sharp told me the problem was the blu ray player.

Any ideas?

josie treuberg

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:09 pm

HI abbatazappa,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

This may be an indication that there is a loose connection or an incorrect setting. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.

NOTE: This solution assumes the Blu-ray Disc? player is connected directly to the TV. However, if the Blu-ray Disc player is connected to an Audio/Video (A/V) receiver, the steps given below about the TV should also be followed for the A/V receiver.

NOTE: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals, Specifications and Warranty information for your Sony product is available online.

1. Make sure the TV is set to the correct video input to receive the signal from the Blu-ray Disc player.

NOTE: Depending on the remote control for your TV, the remote may have a TV/VIDEO or INPUT button that can change the video input.

2. If the issue is not resolved, turn off the Blu-ray Disc player and TV.
  3. Check the cable between the Blu-ray Disc player and TV to make sure it is securely connected to both products.

NOTE: Try the steps below for HDMI? connections.

1. Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player and all other the connected equipment.
    2. Disconnect and then reconnect the HDMI cable.
    3. Turn on the connected equipment.
    4. Turn on the Blu-ray Disc player.
  4. If the issue is still not resolved, try lowering the output resolution using one of the following methods:

1. On the supplied remote control, press the VIDEO FORMAT button twice (only available for some models).
    2. On the front of the Blu-ray Disc player, press and hold the STOP button for just over 10 seconds.

NOTE: Some TVs connected with an HDMI cable may not support a 1080p signal. If the Blu-ray Disc player is outputting a 1080p signal, lowering the output resolution may resolve the issue.

5. On the Blu-ray Disc remote control, press the MENU button to try displaying the menu.

IMPORTANT: If the Blu-ray Disc player menu does not appear, skip to step 8. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.
  6. Make sure the video output setting of the Blu-ray Disc player is either set to Auto or to the type of connection being used.
  7. If using an HDMI connection make the following changes:

NOTE: The steps below are not available on all Blu-ray Disc players.

1. In the Screen/Video Settings setup, set the BD/DVD ROM 1080/24P output to off.
    2. Set the HDMI Deep Color output to off.
    3. Set the X.V. Color output to off (this option is not available on some models).
    4. Make sure that the HDMI control setting is set to Off. If using a non-Sony Blu-ray Disc player, this setting may be called CEC control or the AnyNet function.
  8. Check for and attempt to install any firmware/software updates. Software and driver updates for your Sony product are available online.
  9. If the issue is not resolved, try replacing the cable between the Blu-ray Disc player and TV.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I switched to a different blu ray player and there were no problems.

Apparently the Sony and Sharp have some compatibility issues.

Alexx Peace

Return to Blu-ray Players