Bluray player not playing True HD 5.1

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi.

I connected Sony Bluray Player (Sony BDP S2100) to my TV (Sony KDL NX711) via HDMI cable. My TV sound port is connected to Bose media center (Lifestyle 18 Series 3) via optical cable.

I am playing a blu ray disc in sony blu ray. Whe I select audio for English (DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 Channel), I am only getting PCM 2.0 in the Bose but when I select audio from other language (which are in Dolby DIgital 5.1) I am getting Dolby Digital 5.1 in the Bose.

Please let me know how I can get 5.1 sound from DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 selection which is the only option for English language.

Regards,

Balaji

Christie Mitchell

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Hi ponnambalaji!

For us to further assist you, please provide more information. Are you selecting the language on the Bose system? Is this happening on all Blu-ray discs?

helliehexx

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi.

I am selecting language in the sony blu ray remote. I am not selecting any options on the Bose.

The trailers from the blu ray play in 5.1. Also other languages play in 5.1. Only english which is True HD format is not getting in 5.1.

I got 2 Blurays and with both the same issue. I am not sure if True HD 5.1 is a format which the blu ray is not supporting.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Balaji

carla

Post » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Hello,

First off, S/PDIF transmission -- over either optical TOSLINK or coax -- does not have the bandwidth to carry Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD MA signals. If you connect your Blu-ray player to your receiver with optical or coax, the audio will "fall back" to Dolby Digital, DTS or two-channel PCM (lossless, but only two channels).

natalie mccormick

Return to Blu-ray Players