Bpd-s3200 Netflix Netflix Netflix

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Ive had this blu ray player since February 8th 2015, so 6mths. I've watch a TON of Netflix on it considering that's the primary reason for this purchase (that and my DVD player had died). Now... In the last 2 weeks trying to get on Netflix has been a HUGE hassle. Yesterday, for the first time in days I successfully was able to get a whole 40 minutes of programming (yep 40 minutes in two weeks) before it stopped and that was AFTER factory resetting this thing 3 times.
Oh and now? As soon as I click on Netflix one of two thing happens. IF your product maintained my user info (problem #1 is constantly making you log back in) you MIGHT get to the screen where you choose the user profiles before the bluray player randomly shuts off. Sometimes you are lucky enough to get to choose the user profile and scan the selections then make a choice before it suddenly shuts off. NO OTHER PROGRAM DOES THIS! Netflix works on my very old laptop, the wii, my 3 yr old tablet, and my iPhone FLAWLESSLY. I've gone through as many threads I can find and tried as many fixes that you all have responded with.You've provided a product and partnered with a company... Get it together and make this work. I used to think very highly of Sony but like so many others out there echoing the same complaints Im highly doubting your companies integrity right now.
Vivien

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Hello Sasiedenburg, thank you for your message. Welcome to SONY Community!

Follow the procedures below:

Perform a factory reset on a Blu-ray Disc Player or Network Media Player

1. Turn the Blu-ray Disc player on and make sure the correct video input is selected on the TV.
2. Press the Home button on the Blu-ray Disc player remote.
3. Once the menu is displayed, press the Left arrow button on the remote and navigate to Setup.
4. On Setup, use the Down arrow button and go to Resetting and press the Enter button.
5. Under Resetting, select either Reset to Factory Default Settings or Initialize Personal Information.

NOTES:

• Reset to Factory Default Settings option will display another menu where you can reset the current network, audio and video settings on the player, select All Settings if you desire to restore everything.
  • Initialize Personal Information will erase all personal information stored on the player and some Internet apps.

6.Go through each of the two options if you desire to completely restore the Blu-ray Disc player.

Optimizing the settings of your wireless LAN router

When a nearby wireless network is using the same channel as you, interference may cause communications to destabilize. Try changing the settings on your router to a different channel number.

Depending on your Wireless LAN specifications, the communication speeds, stability, transmission range, etc. will vary. If supported by your router, connect via [n].

[n] : Recommended by Sony. Supports HD image quality playback.
[g] : Not as fast as [n], but stable.
[b] : Not recommended for streaming videos.

Additionally, some routers equally divide the data flow (bandwidth) between each device on the network. Other routers have Quality of Service (QoS) settings that can be adjusted to help manage data priorities within your network. You may need to check with the manufacturer of your router or your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to check for and adjust QoS settings.

Setting up the IP address and proxy server settings of the Internet video device depends on the design or settings of the router. If the router has not automatically assigned an IP address to the Internet video device you may be able to set the IP address manually.

To manually set an IP address on an Internet Video device:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35254

Hopefully this post helps you! Mark it "accept as solution"

jaideep singh

Return to Blu-ray Players