Bug loading VP12/ VP13 windows layout at startup

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:06 pm

I'm seeing a bug in VP12 and VP13 whereby my last-used windows layout is not loading correctly when the program starts up.

This is a miniature version of my default layout. The key thing is that I like to have more than 2 tabbed windows docked on the upper right (in this case Explorer, Project Media and Video FX) and that I have the tabs at the top of the docked window (set by checking Preferences > Display > Position tabs at top of docked windows):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21489814/VP13-windows-layout-correct.png

When I start VP12 or VP13 with this layout selected, it doesn't build properly, and that tabbed area splits into 2 separately docked windows, with 1 or 2 of the tabbed windows squashed into a thin vertical strip, and the other ones occupying most of the space:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21489814/VP13-windows-layout-as-loaded.png

When I then manually select the window layout from View > Windows Layouts, it loads correctly, but it's becoming tiresome to do that every time I open Vegas.

There doesn't seem to be a problem if I have just 2 tabbed windows in that area, or if I set the tabs to be at the bottom of the windows.

Can anyone kindly reproduce this before I submit a bug report? Either build a similar window layout yourself with 3 or more tabbed windows in that upper right docked window, or you can download my little layout from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21489814/WillNotLoadCorrectly.VegasWindowLayout and copy it into your equivalent of this location: C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\Sony\Vegas Pro\13.0\WillNotLoadCorrectly.VegasWindowLayout
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Only tried in VP13, I repro your issue.

I made a Keystroke for the Window Layout, and using the KS it will give me the 3 Tabs as per your design. However, I DO have to use the KS to do this, it will NOT retain the Layout from opening a previously correctly position Window Layout.

Nice catch!

Grazie

Wayne Cole

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:06 am

Thanks Grazie. I'll put in a bug report and report back.

In the meantime I noticed that windows layout #0 is mapped to keyboard shortcut ALT+D, 0. I have changed that to F10 which was free (using Options>Customize Keyboard>Global) to make it easier.
Daddy Cool!

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Have a kinda similar issue since V12 . Have in one docked window 2 tabs , i.e. trimmer and videofx . ( since version 7 I think ).
When restarting vegas 12 ( and 13 ) , the tab videofx is not in that window and when adding a videofx , the videofx window shows up somewhere half hidden .
Have to reload saved lay-out all the time and all OK .
Since vegas 12 .
Reported ( with screen shots ) since version 12 was released ..... twice .. or ...
Will see whether I can find back those screenshots whenever this explanation is not clear enough :-)
Avril Louise

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:25 pm

VP13 build 428 still has this problem.
willow

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:54 pm

Indeed and did not expect it to be solved . Does the mouse still gets stuck when you try to change to audio mixer master ?
Can you give that a try ?
I bought 13 upgrade when it was released but used it once only since had some basic stuff mallfunctioning ( like the audio mixer master and others ) . That kept me staying away from it , its just sitting there on the C drive
WYatt REed

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:13 am

wilvan

How to I get the mouse stuck? I want to repro it but I seem to be doing something wrong.
Wayne W

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Oldsmoke ,

As soon as I try to in/decrease the slider of the audio master mixer , the mouse gets stuck and does not react anymore in sony vegas pro 13. ( did not yet install last days upgrade , am in middle of production now and for next week )
( win7x64 pro and ultimate - dell and hp workstations )
I do not seem to be the only one and got confirmed at creative cow this being a reported bug .
Same systems , vegas pro 12 ( and all previous versions ) this has never been an issue ( use this slider pretty often ) .

Tiffany Carter

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:06 am

Sorry, I can't report that in VP13, not on the old build and not on the latest. I suspect it is mouse hardware or driver related. I use a Logitech mouse but without Logitech drivers (SetPoint), just what MS offers.
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:20 am

I also have no problem moving the slider in the Master slider in the Mixing Console. Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000.

This appears to be a separate issue from the window layouts.
Eoh

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:11 pm

The mixing console all works , am talking the standard audio master and slider .
( standard MS keyboard and mouses at both workstations , are pure and only editing systems )

But indeed this is seperate from the windows lay-out issues since vegas 12.
back to work now ...with vegas 12 ....
Lillian Cawfield

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:14 am

Are you talking about the "Output Fader" in the "Master Bus" window? If so then I don't have a problem adjusting it.

If you mean something else then please tell us exactly what it's called and how to find it.
Susan

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:55 pm

The last reply I got from support on this was:

"I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine, but only when using this specific layout. I created a new layout that looks exactly like the windowlayout you are using and I do not have any issue anymore. Can you try creating a new layout that looks like the windowlayout file you provided me and let me know if you get the same issue?"

Unfortunately I was unable to respond within 48 hours because I was travelling without access to Vegas Pro so the ticket was closed and marked as "solved".
Del Arte

Post » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:57 pm

All I can say is that Premiere opens fine....
Cheryl Rice

Post » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:12 am

Most amazing answer you got there from sony , Nick Hope.

The thing is that since vegas 12 , they changed the way of saving lay-outs and the videofx window is not saved properly when tabbed in docked window . ( not at all I think )
It is not loaded at all after restart and appears in a random place after using videofx and only then one can reload the window lay-out to have it placed properly.
Is most annoying and since vegas 12 and on all my workstations .
( never happened with all previous versions )
Have sent this issue few times ( with screenshots ) to the support team , never even got any reply.
At facebook they were asking what new features we want to see in vegas 14....
Captian Caveman

Next

Return to Vegas Pro Forum