I can't get email. Get POP3 error . can't connect to POP3 server. It's not email vendor issue ... c

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Good afternoon. For over a week I can't get email on MY DASH. Can't see mail in my Gmail Viewer. Get a POP3 error ... can't connect to POP server.

Thought it may be a Gmail interface issue so tried to get Hotmail and then Earthlink email in the Chumby email app. Both give same message POP3 Error , can't connect to pop3 server. I have done multiplr hard restarts / power off / "restore to normal operation" procedures. I have searched the discussions and community and can find no mention of POP server issues.

Please help .... advise. I'm a disabled, but still working, senior citizen without a fancy, internet, cell phone and my Dash's ability to display my email is very important to me. I have the Dash at my bedside and My Dash allows me to see a message from a client before I would otherwise rise.

Kind regards, Martin

Katie Samuel

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Hi USER-901698,

This is not an issue with the Sony device.

We highly suggest to contact your email service provider regarding your concern.

For further information, please check the link below.

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32749/p/46543,46552,46553/c/65,66/kw/pop3

Thanks,

>Joffrey

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Marina Leigh

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi Joffrey. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I get the same POP3 error for 2 Gmail accounts (in both the Gmail viewer app as well as the more generic Chumby email viewer app), one Hotmail, one SBC and even an EarthLink account so, It can't be an email vendor issue. It has to me a Dash issue. I've had my Dash for 4 years and never had this issue before. I'd appreciate you asking your co-workers for their advice and if they say it's Gmail's and Hotmail's and SBC and so on and so on's issue, then they aren't listening to you.
Kind regards, Marty
OH, BTW, I have verified the server(s) names and ports..
lydia nekongo

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi USER-901698,

I do apologize for the inconvenience that you're having with our Sony device however, as much as we want to help you, we don't have access to any email providers. We highly recommend contacting your email service providers for further assistance. They are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks,

>Joffrey

Beat freak

Return to Dash Personal Internet Viewer