Help Please! Error Bitrate Too Low

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi,
I cannot make a DVD in DVDA due to the following Error Messages. I am using Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 2 and DVDA 5.0

!Track 1 'Video' in 'Menu 1' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
!Track 1 'Video' in 'Road Trip' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
(i)The video Road Trip.m2t' on track 2 'Video' in 'Road Trip' will be compressed.
(i)The audio of Track 1 of 'Road Trip' will be compressed.

The bit rate shows 8,000 in the Optimize Disc window. I am also getting these same messages when trying to make a DVD on "all" of my previous projects in DVDA that had no errors before and burned successfully. Those projects ranged anywhere from ten minutes to sixty minutes in length.

In the help menu it states the following;
When the bit rate of a video is too low, it may not play back properly on some players. Recompress with a higher bit rate.

Select the title in the Optimize Disc dialog and click the Video tab.

Select the Recompress box, click the button, and choose Yes from the menu.

Select the Use default bit rate box, click the button, and choose Yes from the menu to recompress using the project's default bit rate.

Yes is already checked in the menus, therefore there wasn't any changes that I could make. So now, I'm at a dead end on what to do to correct these two errors.
I don't understand why it's showing two different files, due to only having one project.
I also rendered a 30 second event (clip) in Vegas as MainConcept MPEG2 with the Template as DVD Architect NTSC Widescreen Video Stream which I called Test just to see what would happen in DVDA. I got the same results. In DVDA I dragged my 30 second Test render from Vegas into the menu window, then tried to burn. The following is what is showing with that one;

!Track 1 'Video' in 'Menu 1' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
!Track 1 'Video' in 'Test' Cannot be recompressed because its bit rate is too low.
(i)The audeo on track 1 of 'Test" will be compressed.

I've tried everything I could think of. I even reinstalled DVDA. I also raised the bit rate to 9,800 which didn't help. Your expertise in helping me would be most appreciated. Thank you, Ray

leigh stewart

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:58 am

Sorry to ask the obvious, but is your 8,000 in bps

My min on MPEG2 for MC is 198,000 bps? And there you go: "I also raised the bit rate to 9,800 - So it WOULD appear you are using a very very low bit rate?

So, do you REALLY mean 8,000 bps? Do you? Are we talking 8,000 bps? In which case that could be your problem!

What happens when you put it up to 8,000,000 bps?

Grazie

Lily

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:09 am

I am having the same problem. The file was from a JVC camera that uses MOD format. Windows media player will recognize it. I drop the file in to Movie Maker (windows) and published as AVI file then dropped into vegas. Edit in Vegas, rendered mpg with high bit rate and still had the same low bit rate error in DVD Arch.

Tried to render as AVI and use DVD arch, now see two video files, one with error on track 1 and recompression necessary on track 2 (one file on menu). Must be something embedded in MOD that is causing problem. I ended up editing in Vegas and using Movie Maker to "publish to DVD" with limited menu. It is a work around solution until proper codec is available.

Hope this helps
Kate Norris

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:47 am

Not an answer to your ptoblem but another question:
I use Vegas for all my work but I was helpingh my Grandson do some editing (10 yrs old) and we were using his Windows Movie Maker. I did not see a choice in Movie Maker for authoring or burning a DVD. What am I missing? We were able to 'publish' it to DV.avi.but cant find a choice to 'publish to DVD'. There is a choice to publish to CD.
Frank Firefly

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Movie Maker for WinXP does not have this option. The Vista version does.

Mike
Cool Man Sam

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:20 am

We are using Vista but the only Publish choices we have are
1: To this computer
2: To email
3: To recordable CD
4: Digital video camera.
No mention of DVD
Penny Courture

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:21 pm

It sounds as though something might be missing from your Vista installation. DVD is in the list on my system, although I rarely use it.

Mike

Georgine Lee

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:03 am

First of all your MOD files work in Vegas directly (they do for me). From there you can encode the audio & Video files for DVDA. DVDA will pick up the workflow from there. Why bother with Movie Maker?

GB-)
Abel Vazquez

Post » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Has anybody found a real solution to the OPs problem? I have the same problem. I created some blu-ray disks from a Sony HD camcorder's video just fine. Because I have some relatives in Europe I wanted to create an ordinary DVD for them. I converted my HD stuff to a widescreen 720x480 .mpg file with Vegas Pro 8. I tried both NTSC and PAL, but whenever I load this into DVDA 5.0b I get the message "video cannot be recompressed because bit rate too low" for the main menu. Only jacking up its bitrate to 9.8Mbps eliminates this error message, but then I am told that my DVD may not play on some players. Very frustrating!!! I don't know why a single .jpg file for the menu's background would cause such a problem.
Pumpkin

Return to DVD Architect Talk