How do I stop the touch screen from popping up the keyboard on vaio all in one?

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:32 am

Here I am again with another annoying problem. I have disabled the touch features in control panel but my keyboard touch screen keeps popping up anyway from the lower right side. Also sometimes when I have lots of windows open it goes into a cycle of pages lined up vertically and zig zagging across my screen. Have to close everything down to stop it. I don't like the touch screen options at all and want to totally disable so they don't pop up on me.

thank you.

sharon

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:08 am

Hello Carolyn,

Thanks for the post.

Are you referring to onscreen keyboard that appears from lower side of screen?

If yes, follow the steps to disable:

Go to Control Panel > Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center > Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard > Uncheck "Use On-Screen Keyboard" option > Click Ok.

On left panel Change administrative settings options > Click and check Apply all settings to the logon desktop > press Apply.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Regards,

Tony.

Charleigh Anderson

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:49 am

Hello Carolyn,

Thanks for the post.

Are you referring to onscreen keyboard that appears from lower side of screen?

If yes, follow the steps to disable:

Go to Control Panel > Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center > Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard > Uncheck "Use On-Screen Keyboard" option > Click Ok.

On left panel Change administrative settings options > Click and check Apply all settings to the logon desktop > press Apply.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

Regards,

Tony.

Nathan Risch

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:33 am

I'm almost ready to accept as solution but after doing all that I still have occasional problems. I just now when in and took checks out of the filter keys section and hope that does the trick along with my mouse change. I appreciate the help here. I will let you know if it works.
sally coker

Post » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:45 am

I gave you an extra kudo. that is how you do it but I had to go one step further and go to the filter keys and turn everything off there.
Jack

Return to VAIO Computers