No internet connectivity with BDV-E770W Home Theatre

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

I can not connect to the internet with my new BDV-E770W Home Theatre via the USB wireless connection. I've run through the internet connection tutorial a number of times and continue to see "Wireless Connection: Failed" and "Internet Access: failed" although the USB Wireless LAN adapter is "OK". I using a secured Linksys WRT54G wireless router with the following security settings: WPA\TKIP with Mac address filtering enabled for PC's. I've checked and doubled checked the WPA shared key and continue to see the above mentioned problem without which I cannot cnntot to the internet. Please advise.
Je suis

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Please follow the link on how to setup a Wireless Ready Blu-ray Home Theatre System: http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=C1018303&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_KNOWLEDGEARTICLES_1_1&dialogID=223384231&stateId=1%200%20223388528
If issue persists, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-contacts.pl?mdl=BDVE770W
elliot mudd

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:29 pm

I am having the same problem. Have you resolved this issue? If you have how? I have a Linksys E2000 router.
Eileen Müller

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:49 am

Exact same thing with me, except intermittent. I can be on the internet just fine one minute with no problems and showing a good strong signal (usually streaming Netflix) and then I lose connectivity for hours. I've noted that when it is up and running I have a list of at least 10-12 router connections to choose from (I'm in a big building) including mine. When it isn't working I still have a good strong signal and perfect connection along with the full list of possible routeres on other devices like my phone and laptop, but the E770W only shows 1 or 2 possible connections (and sometimes none) when I do a scan. Rebooting the router does nothing, nor does cycling the E770W off and back on. I'm on a Linksys E1000. The other symptom I've noticed is that when I do get the connection back I need to reenter my router password, it's like the E770W lost all stored information. Also, when I do get back online the E770W has lost all information about the last netflix I was watching - it's like the last session never happened.

When I am online I'm getting a signal strengh in the 80-90% range, so I don't think this is a distance from the router issue, and I'm also doing nothing during the down periods that would cause interference (and my other devices are still fine.)

I have downloaded the latest software update about a month ago.
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Just browsed through this forum and found several other threads on this exact same topic, and all related to the BDV-E770W. Sometimes the connection is fine, sometimes it isn't, and the only solution Sony has seems to be to unplug everything and start over. Hardly a good solution when the popcorn is popped and you're wanting to watch your movie! Sony: you've got a problem here, especially as the most commonly cited solution seems to be "...so I took it back and bought a Panasonic which works like a charm..."

Any solution on it's way??
Dean Ashcroft

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm

My WIFI problems have gotten much worse. The last time I've successfully gotten onto my network is Saturday. I've changed nothing, and my wireless signal is clear and strong and picked up by every other device I own.

The E770W won't acknowledge that my router even exists, it just doesn't come up on the menu. I've even tried to input it manually, but it still can't find the signal.

It was working - more or less - until Saturday, and now nothing.
Wayne Cole

Return to Blu-ray Players