Yes- 1
No votes
No – 2
No votes

Total votes : 0

Live TV stream is "staggaring"

Live TV stream is "staggaring"

Postby USER-939263 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:52 pm

I have my Comcast STB hooked up to the Internet TV box which is hooked up to my Sharp Aquos television (All HDMI connections)

Most of the time, when I am watching live TV, the picture stream seems to be interrupted constantly. The result is hard to describe but the issue is most apparent when there is text scrolling along the bottom of the screen like in news broadcasts and ESPN bottomline. Instead of the text scrolling smoothly, it sort of skips across the screen. It's subtle, but noticeable, especially when watching live sports. The audio is not interrupted, and the screen never goes blank or loses picture, but there is definitely a problem.

Anyone else have this problem? Also, I am pretty sure its not the Comcast box because this issue only started after I hooked up the Sony Internet TV box.

In addition, I was wondering if this is most likely a software problem or a hardware problem. I have decent HDMI cables (not the ones supplied with the internet tv) so I don't think upgrading my HDMI cables is the solution.
Schel[Anne]FTL

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Thank you for your post.

This has been forwarded to engineering for investigation. Could you list the exact model of your STB (example Motorola DCT2244?). Does the issue also occur while viewing movies via the Bluray player or streaming video from the NSZGT1?
cosmo valerga

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:21 pm

BluRay and streaming video from the internet and netflix work.

it's a motorola dch416.
Mark Hepworth

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:25 pm

I am also experiencing "staggering" during live TV. It is most noticeable during sports or with scrolling text at the bottom of the screen. It does not always happen, and when it happens, it is on HD channels. I have a Sony 46 inch LCD EX500. I am using very good HDMI cables.

My cable service provider is Dish Network. This is my 2nd Google TV box. The staggering was also an issue with the first box. I think a firmware update may help this issue.

Is there a setting option that can be changed to fix this problem?
cosmo valerga

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 pm

I saw big jumps on the screen last night in an action scene on CSI Miami. It was the first time I saw what I expected I would be blurring otherwise in sports or games. Since I don't watch sports or play games, I did not expect the 60 Hz rate to be an issue but then this is my first 40 inch screen (yeah I know some of you have lots bigger ... so when it comes to TVs I haven't been an early adapter ... not at those prices) ... Speaking of Prices ... Yikes right after I paid $600 for this brand new 40" Sony Google TV, I did see a number of nice brands with nice size screens (greater than 40") for much less ... of course they weren't Sony but they were 120 Hz.
Devils Cheek

Post » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 am

This poll will run for the next 30 days
start date:01/12/2012

I have my Comcast STB hooked up to the Internet TV box which is hooked up to my Sharp Aquos television (All HDMI connections)

Most of the time, when I am watching live TV, the picture stream seems to be interrupted constantly. The result is hard to describe but the issue is most apparent when there is text scrolling along the bottom of the screen like in news broadcasts and ESPN bottomline. Instead of the text scrolling smoothly, it sort of skips across the screen. It's subtle, but noticeable, especially when watching live sports. The audio is not interrupted, and the screen never goes blank or loses picture, but there is definitely a problem.

Anyone else have this problem? Also, I am pretty sure its not the Comcast box because this issue only started after I hooked up the Sony Internet TV box.

In addition, I was wondering if this is most likely a software problem or a hardware problem. I have decent HDMI cables (not the ones supplied with the internet tv) so I don't think upgrading my HDMI cables is the solution.
Javaun Thompson

Return to Blu-ray Players