New Netflix app - no sound

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:04 pm

I love the new Netflix app, but i cant get any sound. I have tried all settings. Everything else has sound and works fine. when a movie is selected, there just isnt any sound. I have the sony NSZ-GT1 and I have it hooked up via HDMI through a Pioneer Elite AV receiver. Thanks for any help with this
CHANONE

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Thank you for your post.
There currently is no issue in our call center for a€?no audioa€? as a result of the new Netflix implementation. You will need to do a bit of troubleshooting to resolve this issue.
First, remove the receiver from the equation, by connecting directly to the TV. Then check for audio.
Second, check the audio setting of the Netflix app while the movie is playing. Ensure it is set to an audible level (about 50%)
Finally, install a movie into the DVD player and verify sound.

If you are unable to get any sound from any of these steps, please contact our customer support line for additional assistance.
JD FROM HELL

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:41 am

My Netflix sound just cut out midway through a movie on my NSX40GT1. Netflix reported a network error (I didn't copy down the exact message) and when I restarted the movie there was no sound. It took three reboots (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) to get Netflix sound working again. Like the original poster, sound worked everywhere except in the Netflix app.

I really wish I hadn't bought this TV.
Alyce Argabright

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:16 am

Had this same problem myself began just after the new download.

Sound is broken up and useless on Netflix apps and Pandora (music) app. Tried numerous reboots of all components to no avail.

Current workaround is go to SONY recommends and play a movie preview which amazingly does have sound. Exit this app and then return to either Netflix or Pandora which then work. This proves it's a SONY problem and not an eqpt config issue. Unfortunately every time I turn on my system I need to go through these gyrations. Needs to be fixed ASAP.
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:59 am

About half the time I go to Pandora on my NSZ-GT1, the sound is completely distorted and skips. Sounds nothing like the music. Complete power off/on restarts of the entire system don't help. I have a Pioneer AV system which the SONY connects to and works fine with the noted exception.

The kludgey work around that DOES get the sound to work every time is to exit Pandora, go to SONY Recommends, choose a movie advertised and select the Preview. That sound plays. Go figure. Exit SONY Recommends, restart Pandora and sound is fine.

This is clearly a SONY/GOOGLE software or firmware bug. It needs to be fixed as this is a major kludge to starting Pandora.

Same problem sometimes occurs on Netflix with the same work around eventually getting coherent sound.

I've called SONY support and reported the problem but they're clueless.
GPMG

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:43 pm

If I go straight to streaming from the Netflix app, video will play with no sound. Only fix is to play another video app (NY Times or similar), let it play briefly (video with sound) and then return to Netflix app which will then work correctly.

This happens every time I attempt to use the Netflix app after startup and is very annoying.
lucy chadwick

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:24 pm

skyeler wrote:
> I love the new netflix app, but i cant get any sound. I have tried all
> settings. Everything else has sound and works fine. when a movie is
> selected, there just isnt any sound. I have the sony NSZ-GT1 and I have it
> hooked up via HDMI through a Pioneer Elite AV reciever. Thanks for any help
> with this

I had this issue with my BDP-S770 but it was fixed with help from Sony Support by doing the following:
On the player home screen go to: Home, then go to "Setup", then go to "Screen Settings", then go to "HDMI Deep Color Output" and select "Off". From that point forward I have had great sound and wonderful video wirelessly through my Linksys WRT 320N.
CSar L

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:14 pm

USER-958417 wrote:
> Had this same problem myself began just after the new download.
>
> Sound is broken up and useless on Netflix apps and Pandora (music) app.
> Tried numerous reboots of all components to no avail.
>
> Current workaround is go to SONY recommends and play a movie preview which
> amazingly does have sound. Exit this app and then return to either Netflix
> or Pandora which then work. This proves it's a SONY problem and not an
> eqpt config issue. Unfortunately every time I turn on my system I need to
> go through these gyrations. Needs to be fixed ASAP.

I had this issue with my BDP-S770 but it was fixed with help from Sony Support by doing the following:
On the player home screen go to: Home, then go to "Setup", then go to "Screen Settings", then go to "HDMI Deep Color Output" and select "Off". From that point forward I have had great sound and wonderful video wirelessly through my Linksys WRT 320N.
JaNnatul Naimah

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Weird wrote:
> If I go straight to streaming from the Netflix app, video will play with no
> sound. Only fix is to play another video app (NY Times or similar), let it
> play briefly (video with sound) and then return to Netflix app which will
> then work correctly.
>
> This happens every time I attempt to use the Netflix app after startup and
> is very annoying.

R.I.P

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:18 pm

Weird wrote:
> If I go straight to streaming from the Netflix app, video will play with no
> sound. Only fix is to play another video app (NY Times or similar), let it
> play briefly (video with sound) and then return to Netflix app which will
> then work correctly.
>
> This happens every time I attempt to use the Netflix app after startup and
> is very annoying.

I had this issue with my BDP-S770 and Netflix Streaming but it was fixed with help from Sony Support by doing the following:
Lizzie

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:40 am

USER-903018 wrote:
> I had this issue with my BDP-S770 but it was fixed with help from Sony Support by
> doing the following:
> On the player home screen go to: Home, then go to "Setup", then go to
> "Screen Settings", then go to "HDMI Deep Color Output" and select
> "Off". From that point forward I have had great sound and wonderful video
> wirelessly through my Linksys WRT 320N.

Unfortunately, I have the NSZ-GT1 and that option is not anywhere in the settings that I could find. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Jack Walker

Return to Blu-ray Players