BDPN460 and Cisco Wet 410 Bridge Issues

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:54 pm

I have a cisco e3200 router and a WET410 wireless bridge. The bridge is attached to my BDPN460 BluRay and streams videos okay, though amazon buffers frequently.

My issue is that all of the connectivity works aside from the Internet. When I try network refresh or try to check for firmware updates, I get an error relating to not being able to get proper DHCP connection to the server. The bridge is wirelessly linked to the 5.0 GHZ band on the router and the Router shows the bridge in the DHCP client table.

I can connect to this band on the router through other devices and get the internet just fine. I have scoured the support forums and can't find a solution.

If it helps, I can't get an IP address on another smart tv at my house when linking to the 5.0 GHZ band of the router.

Any thoughts?
David John Hunter

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:55 pm

I'd try configuring the devices manually. I've seen DHCP problems from devices that don't supply a "name" to the DHCP server and that have a MAC ID that doesn't start with "00".
Setting the metrics manually and creating a DHCP reservation for the device in the router typically solves the problem.
Angus Poole

Post » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:12 pm

Thanks, how would I do that?
maya papps

Return to Blu-ray Players