Digital Jacket Picture for Blu-Ray

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:46 am

When playing theatrical movies, my PS3 and other players often display the movie name and artwork on the screen before the disc loads. I want to add this feature to my own blu-ray projects. However, the project properties in DVD architect show that "jacket picture" and "DVD start script" are "DVD-only features". Why does DVD Architect not support this for Blu-Ray? Anyone know a workaround to it?
Nienna garcia

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 am

The Blu-ray spec simply doesn't support the simplistic equivalent of DVD's JACKET_P.

My experience is that most players don't support JACKET_P in the first place. Based on my commercial DVD collection, most discs aren't authored with the JACKET_P folder, although many of my early Warner Bros. discs have them, as do some from MGM/UA and Sony (Columbia).
CHANONE

Post » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 am

Thanks for the info. It adds a nice touch when it is shown on the player. It makes me wonder if some players pull info from the web and display that. I hope they will add to the Blu-Ray specs in the future to include this. Additionally, support for 30fps would be nice as well.
Rich O'Brien

Return to DVD Architect Talk