Ruminations on the x70

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:23 am

I think Ive decided to get an x70. The only question is when.

I have three nice upcoming jobs which will easily cover the cost, but the payments wont be arriving in my bank for a month or two, and Im wondering whether I should go ahead, buy now and become familiar with the camera in time to use it for these jobs. They are mainly for internet delivery.

This is the best place I know to ask things like:

By how much might a well shot video on an x70 be better in quality than the same shot with an EX1?

Assuming the Paid upgrade to 4K arrives in time, would it be better to shoot in 4K and edit down to 1920 x 1080, or shoot as HD in camera?

Id welcome all experiences, advice or any other ruminations on this camera.

I enjoyed the other 4K thread, and I thought Id start a new case study
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:30 am

I do not know much about those particular cameras but I would definitely want to know my cameras BEFORE I do a job.

You do not want any unexpected surprises from not knowing the cameras.

Anthony Santillan

Post » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:40 am

" By how much might a well shot video on an x70 be better in quality than the same shot with an EX1?"

I have doubts it'd be any better.
The EX1 although quite old is a very hard camera to beat. I've been looking around for a long time for something to replace the EX1, we've also been trying to retire our EX1s and EX3s but they're still earning good money.

The only competition I've seen is the PXW X160/180 and that is because of the longer lens but to get that you do have to accept a step down in sensor size.

Today though I had my hands on the FS7, love at first sight but that's a much more expensive camera but oh my, the ergonomics are to die for.

Bob.

Isabella X

Return to Vegas Pro Forum