OT: Vegasaur Auditor Question

Post » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:52 pm

In Vegasaur 2.0, Project Auditor reports if an event has been re-sampled. On my current projects, it shows that ALL stills and titles have been re-sampled and gives an option to disable re-sampling for each or all of them. I understand the potential problem of re-sampling Video, but stills and titles? My solution has been to simply ignore these and turn off the re-sampling option in set-up. Or perhaps, it is a problem that I'm missing. Explanation? Suggestion?

wwaag
Julie Serebrekoff

Post » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:45 pm

First I would ask this of Vegasaur support. They respond quickly.

I tested this myself and all titlers show as resampled when their event option is not set to disable resample. Obviously media generators which includes text and stills render at whatever the frame rate of the project is currently set to.

Who knows how these media types are marked internally. I notice that undersample rate, in media properties, mentions something about 1,000 fps.

Maybe Vegasaur should ignore those types in the resample auditor. I'll probably suggest that as a feature.

Then again, simply turning the resample off via the Auditor will have that message not come up again.
adam holden

Return to Vegas Pro Forum