how to do a hard factory reset on the BDP-S5200

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:35 pm

I cannot get a picture on the TV after doing a resoultion change on the BDP-S5200 Bluray disc player. I cannot get to setup on the screen. Is there a hard factory reset i can do so i can get to the setup menu? I tried the STOP - HOME - POPUP Menu buttons reset but didn't work.

Lyd

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Hello bachster, thank you for your message. Welcome to SONY Community!

Follow the steps below to perform a factory reset on a Blu-ray? Disc player or Network Media Player:

1. Turn the Blu-ray Disc player on and make sure the correct video input is selected on the TV.

2. Press the Home button on the Blu-ray Disc player remote.

3. Once the menu is displayed, press the Left arrow button on the remote and navigate to Setup.

4. On Setup, use the Down arrow button and go to Resetting and press the Enter button.

5. Under Resetting, select either Reset to Factory Default Settings or Initialize Personal Information.

NOTES:

• Reset to Factory Default Settings option will display another menu where you can reset the current network, audio and video settings on the player, select All Settings if you desire to restore everything.
  • Initialize Personal Information will erase all personal information stored on the player and some Internet apps.

6. Go through each of the two options if you desire to completely restore the Blu-ray Disc player.

Hopefully this post helps you! Please mark it "accept as solution"

Gavin Roberts

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Thank You for replying to my message. The problem I have is, i don't get a picture on the TV even with the correct video setting. The BluRay disc has a resolution setting that will not work with two different TV's. A sony KDS-R50XBR1 and a Phillps TV. I tried different resolution settings on the TV's and no picture. I cannot believe sony S5200 or other newer models do not have a reset button to push in case there is a problem with the remote. Do i need to take the disc player to an electronics service center for evaluation?

Thank You

Katie Pollard

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Hello bachster, thank you for replying.

Reset the Output Video Resolution to the lowest resolution by pressing STOP, HOME, and then POP UP/ MENU button on the remote.

Hopefully this post helps you!

Add Meeh

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:06 pm

The remote doesn't get me to the settings screen on TV. When I power on Disc Player, the BluRay logo appears, the screen goes blank, then flickers and goes blank. Acts like it recognizes the bluray but resolution signal is wrong or maybe my Sony WEGA XBR is getting to old . It's a 2005. I t did take it to an electronics service center to have the video ports checked out and they said it was fine. I should have taken the Bluray with it. My mistake

Makenna Nomad

Post » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello bachster, thank you replying!

How to troubleshoot a remote control that quits working or does not work properly

1. Make sure that the device you are trying to control is working.

• Plug it into an electrical outlet that you know is working.
  • Turn the device on with its own power button (not the button on the remote).

2. Ensure that the remote control is being used no closer than 3 feet and no further than 10 feet away from the unit.

NOTE: Using the remote control too close or too far away may prevent the Infrared (IR) beam from reaching the IR sensor on the unit.

3. When using the remote control, be sure to point it directly at the remote sensor on the device.

4. If the remote control has the ability to be set for different functions (TV, BD, DVD, AUX, STB, etc.), ensure the correct function is selected.

NOTE: Refer to the operating instructions to determine if the remote control has the ability to be set for different functions and, if so, for the instructions on how to configure those remote functions.

5. Remove any obstacles that may be in the path between the remote control and the device. Glass doors or enclosures can affect the signal from the remote. Try opening glass doors to see if that makes a difference.

6. Make sure the IR sensor of the device is not exposed to direct sunlight or bright florescent or halogen lights. Bright lights that shine directly on the IR sensor can interfere with receiving signals from the remote control.

7. Verify that the remote control is sending an IR signal.

8. Remove the batteries from the remote control, press every button twice, and then reinstall the batteries.

9. Install fresh alkaline batteries.

10. Do a power reset for the device or component that the remote is supposed to control.

Hopefully this post helps you!

cutiecute

Return to Blu-ray Players