VAIO VPCF234FD is running very slowly and won't acknowledge me as administrator to fix it

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:22 pm

My VAIO VPCF234FD started running very slowly - slow to open programmes, stuttering in gaming and video playback etc. I updated, via Windows update, everything that was required - all upgraded smoothly, even though it took a while re above problem. I decided to use VAIO Care to check out the computer. VAIO care takes 3 to 5 minutes to load, and same again for each and every module in the menu once it finally loads. I found that there were many updates for my VAIO to do - so i started in on them too - agonizingly slowly as per above issue. The most recent update for VAIO Care will not update via VAIO updater, so i downloaded it manually -- no luck. I tried to install a previous version of VAIO Care, but again, no luck. I am presently using VAIO Care ver 7.3.0.4170. I'm guessing my computer is too old for the VAIO Care 8??

When I can get my version to load I am not able to run any diagnostic tests .... each test either comes back with a popup dialogue that says ex.: "CPU: the test was canceled", or simply fails to start at all. And to make things worse, if I try to fix the issues in the 'Performance' menu I get a message stating: "VAIO Care requires administrator-level permission inorder to execute properly. Log into Windows using and Administrator account and change your user Account Control Settings to Default". I'm not sure that that last bit means .... but I AM Administrator!! I've created an extra Admin user - but that resulted in the same message.

Now I want to uninstall VAIO Care completely so I can start with a clean install, but when I try to uninstall, I get "error 1316 - specified account already exists." I have no clue how to uninstall and then reinstall VAIO Care now .... not even sure if it will help my slooooooow computer. I have updated and run my Norton Virus and Spybot. I have restored my computer to a previous state --- the earlest version i could (all the installs and reinstalls have pushed out the older ones that probably would have made a difference.) The problems persist ... Smiley Mad

Any clues as to how to get around these issues?? All help will be greatly appreciated.

My System:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 7.5 3.4
Memory (RAM) 6.00 GB 7.6
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M 3.4
Gaming graphics 3830 MB Total available graphics memory 5.5
Primary hard disk 410GB Free (683GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Sony Corporation
Model VPCF234FD
Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 683 GB
Disk partition (CSmiley Happy 410 GB Free (683 GB Total)
Media drive (ESmiley Happy CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M
Total available graphics memory 3830 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 2806 MB
Display adapter driver version 9.18.13.3788
Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
Secondary monitor resolution 1920x1080
DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

Network Adapter Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter
Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Network Adapter TAP-Windows Adapter V9

kristy dunn

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Mayawaves,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're sorry to hear the issue you are experiencing. There are many possible reasons why your unit running very slow. Probably a third-party software is running without your knowledge, computer virus, operating system is corrupted or hardware issue. You may follow my suggestions here:

• Boot the unit to Safe Mode.
  • Perform a clean boot.
  • Try to overwrite Vaio Care software by downloading the originally shipped version here: VAIO Care? Software
  • Run full system scan with your antivirus.
  • Run Windows update.

Hope these help.

Regards,

Vincent

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Damned_Queen

Return to VAIO Computers