BDP-S5500 Freezing While Streaming Media - ALL APPS

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:55 pm

BDP-S5500 purchased approximately 7 months ago consistenly freezes and is essentially inoperable for the last 2 months. All apps freeze or have streaming issues, causing the device itself to completely lock up. I feel I have tried nearly everything I know of to troubleshoot, with no avail. Details below:

• Reboot and reset router
  • Tested network speed (consistent 15mb dl speeds or higher)
  • Tested network speed via VUDU on BDP-S5500 (top marks, HDX quality)
  • Checked signal strength on BDP-S5500 (90%+)
  • Checked for software updates (up to date)
  • Reset to factory defaults
  • Tested other devices such as tablet or laptop and PS3 on same apps in the same proximity of BDP-S5500 or via websites with no issues

I'm convinced there's either hardware failure or software error which is preventing use. The device is simply inoperable. Frankly, I'm tired of messing with the device and want to replace it, but I no longer have the receipt. I'm used to Sony products being very dependable, but this is just frustrating me to no end.

I would appreciate any response or assistance. Thank you

Greg Swan

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:14 pm

Should I expect to see a response from a Sony rep on here?

The "support" folks I'm currently communicating with with via email keep ignoring what I'm telling them and asking that I repear procedures I've already done multiple times over.

By this point, I'm certain the device is defective, so I'm going to junk it and purchase a new device from a different manufacturer.

Spaceman

Return to Blu-ray Players