HDR-SR11E DVD Region code

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:03 pm

Hi there,,

my cam is HDR-SR11E

my kid play with the setting of it and i didnt get attention of that and I recored a movie with it in AVCHD format

when i try to burn DVD by playmemories the software give me error : (wrong video format )

after several trail I found that the video is in wrong region code (American standard)

I send it to service center ,, they make DVD that can played on computer but not on DVD player>>>

any help please becuse the movie I recored is very important to me

thanks and sorry for the bad English

kiss my weasel

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Hi naleisaei,

Welcome to the Sony Community!

The TV color system depends on your country/region, in your case the camera should be able to record in PAL and thus the videos can be played back in compatible TVs. This model doesn't have the capability to change the TV color system to NTSC so all recorded videos should be compatible in your area.

For further assistance regarding your concern, please contact the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution". Thanks_Mitch

Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Hi MitchelleC,,

Thanks for your replay

Well ,, as I mention before this is the massage I get when I try to burn DVD and also I contact service center in Dubai, and took them almost 3 weeks and this is the solution they gave me (DVD work in laptop but not in DVD player becuse of the Region Code

So I dont know what to Do ???

GPMG

Return to Cameras & Camcorders