Problem with fairly new TV

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm

I have a fairly new TV (2012) that went dead on me. I took to authorized Sony repair shop in Houston and they first tried replacing the main board with no luck. They called me today and said that the screen and it's board are the problem and replacement is $1600. I paid $1700 for it originally. I would like to know my options: can I get a discounted price replacement part from Sony, a remanufacturred same TV from Sony or a voucher in which to buy a new Sony TV. I must say that I've always bought Sony TVs because of their picture quality and reliability. However, this recent failure and unreasonable cost to fix will push me to change brands on my next TV unless Sony makes an effort to compensate me to stay with Sony.

Mark Churchman

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi JRobin88, sorry to hear about what happened to your TV. Let me send you a private message regarding your concern. Thanks. - Charlie

Dona BlackHeart

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 pm

okay - send me a private response.

Peetay

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Okay, I understand that my TV is out of warranty. All I was asking for was a price break on the replacement part to fix my TV. As a Sony stockholder, I am very shocked by the numerous postings of problems with Sony products. I've only bought Sony TVs for the past 30+ years but I guess it's time to try another brand. Hopefully, other TV manufacturers don't build throw-away products that last only a few years. I yearn for the old Sony that made reliable products.

Trish

Return to More Sony Products