Warranty Issues - Run around and terrible customer service

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:28 pm

I had my TV for 6 months before the screen stopped working. The TV would not turn on and the light on the front would blink red 6 times. I contacted Sony (on October 30th, 2015) to discuss and they explained it would need to be sent for repair. This step was easy enough as the repair place called us within a few days and came and picked up the TV. Once they had a look at it, they determined the TV could not be repaired and would need to be replaced. This is where the customer service became terrible.

I spoke to a representative who explained my replacement TV would arrive within a week. A week later and I had not received any calls from Sony. I called back and the representative explained a mistake was made and the previous representative had noted that I would call when I received my TV from the repair shop before the replacement would be issued. The representative then told me I would receive a call within 24-48 hours or I would receive a refund for the TV (as I was frustrated at this point). I did not receive a call within the time frame and called back again tonight. The representative again told me there is nothing they can do and that my report is in the process of being escalated and that I should hear back within 24-48 hours. I do not expect to receive a call.

My TV has now been broken (due to poor design) for over a month. Sony has done very little to assist me and I am extremely dissatisfied with the customer service I have been receiving. I was initially happy to be receiving a replacement but have now asked for a refund as I would like to go out and buy a Samsung TV. Even then, I've been told the refund will take 4-6 weeks, once it is approved. I expected better customer service especially when the issue is covered under warranty. I tried to speak to a supervisor during my last conversation with a representative but was told there are no supervisors available and that customers can't file complaints under Sony's general contact line. I was also told they can't provide me with a phone number for the warranty department (the department that will be replacing the TV).

I understand that there are numerous warranty items at any given time, but having to wait a month to get a $800 TV replaced is unacceptable. Not to mention the fact that I have been receiving a run around and each representative I speak to explains someone else will contact me when no one does. Sony, back your products up. If they fail, work to keep the customer satisfied, don't drive them to other brands.

Steven Nicholson

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi Romano164, please send me a private message with your reference ID so we can review. Regards, Ella

Farrah Lee

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Hello Ella,

I've sent you my reference number and still have not heard back from you. Please give me an update on my warranty. Additionally, after my previous call to the call centre (and another guarantee I would hear back within 24-48 hours), I still have not received a phone call.

Karl harris

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:16 pm

I have now been told the matter has been passed to Sony Canada. Well apparently if you live in Canada, Sony does not care to honour it's warranty. I have once again been told that Sony Canada will contact me within 24 - 48 hours and I have not received a call. Ella, please provide me with contact information for Sony Canada. The customer service I have been receiving is unacceptable. I will be advising all my friends and family to steer clear of Sony products in the future.

krystal sowten

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi Romano164, Let me send you a private message. Thanks, Hailey

QuinDINGDONGcey

Return to More Sony Products