Recovery Partition Gone? VPCCA25FX

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:59 pm

Hello. I am trying to factory reset my computer. (each windows updates wipes my user profile, no solutions have fixed it) It is a VPCCA25FX

I have tried pressing assist button, but that only start windows normally.

I have tried by going into backup and recovery from conTRol panel, there is no factory reset option, only reinstall windows and sytem image restore.

I have pressed f2 and selected boot from cd (I have a windows 7 install disc) but it does not boot from the disc drive, it boots normally.

I have pressed f10 and get the boot options menu, press enter, and it starts windows normally. This screen also tells me there is 1 partition, and i get [ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN

I am wondering if my recovery partition is gone? How can fix this so I can factory reset?? Thank you!

Sheila Esmailka

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Hi tbarber6,

Welcome to Sony Community!

Asisst button will not work for a VPC model or Windows 7 operating system. You mentioned that you have a Windows 7 installation disc, is this the Vaio Recovery Disc? F10 key is for the recovery but if you can't access it and the computer starts windows normally then it an indication that the partition is either missing or corrupted.

You need to purchase a Vaio Recovery Kit. Encompass is the authorized supply chain manager for original parts and accessories for Sony products. You can call them and ask if the disc is available.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jen

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Jessica White

Return to VAIO Computers