My Sony Bravia LCD TV bought in 2012 is now having vertical lines and would not play movies through USB slot

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:05 pm

It's so dissapointing to learn that the trusted brand SONY when it comes to Television Industry has not met my expectations. I chose to purchase SONY TV because of its established reputation and performance in the past. I brought my unit to the Sony Service Center here in Palawan, Philippines to have it checked. The repair staff has just turned the TV on and after seeing that it has shown lines, has quickly judged that the LCD has malfunctioned and has to be replaced. I am expecting the service staff will at least open it for checking. I was also in disbelief when got informed that I will be paying the amount of replacement LCD that is more than the amount of my TV when I bought it back in 2012. Has Sony lost its reputation of having the best TV brand in the world? My TV still functions but you have to wait for minutes for the TV to warm up before it can eliminate horizontal and vertical color lines. It won't play music, photos and videos using the USB slot and you can no longer enjoy good colors when you use the HDMI, AV and VGA slots.

herrade

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Fedeleo,

Welcome to Sony Community!

We're really sorry to hear about what happen to your Sony TV. To further assist you with your concern, we kindly recommend contacting the Sony offices/Sony representative offices nearest to your place of residence in Asia Pacific region http://www.sony-asia.com/countryselector.html?hpid=countryselector:AsiaPacific. Due to proximity, they are in a better position to respond to your questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Jerome

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Steve Bates

Return to Televisions