Sony Extended Warranty - 1 Month and Sony doesnt care

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 am

I purchased a Sony Vaio laptop about 2 years ago and purchased sony extended warranty with it.

1 month ago my sony laptop had hardware problem and i sent it to geek squad for repair since sony wanted me to.

its been more than a month ago and Sony has failed to resolve the issue. This is very frustrating as i am without a laptop for almost a month now. My personal/work life is getting affected. I am poor and cannot afford another laptop at this time. I am unable to communite with my family members back home.

I am a loyal user of sony products for many years but the way sony has handled this situation is very poor.

I am not sure if this message will be even looked by someone but its worth a shot.

I will never buy Sony extended warranty again - Worst experience EVER !!!!!!!!!

Ricky Meehan

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:19 am

I just told somone else this, but some of you are a little late to the party. You know Sony's VAIO division went under almost 2 years ago, right? This all shouldn't be surprising. Sony VAIO is no more.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/benkepes/2014/02/06/sony-vaio-no-more-pc-business-goes/

Alessandra Botham

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:37 am

Again Sony is alive and kicking, Vaio is alive and kicking, and Sony is contracted for both the repair and to support the product for the rest of the decade. Plus its through Sony Customer Relations a divsion still open not the Sony Vaio division which support is still avaible but are contracted out for certain things.

Nauty

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:38 am

"Contracted Out." Enough said. Your words.

Don't expect anything good. They're out of business. Why would they pour money into something they spun off?

Roddy

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:08 am

Some things are contracted out not all of them... They signed the contract to support them for 5 years and sold the contract to me to service and repair it. Taking this to court the judge would read it say yep you have an agreement and you Sony USA has to honor this agreement

Erich Lendermon

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:21 am

You don't know the terms. The terms are Geek Squad. Good luck with that.

Again, don't expect anything. Just like the Windows 10 drivers. What a mess.

As a car nut, this is by no way surprising. This is business.

Samantha Mitchell

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:22 am

I used to believe that Sony was the type of company that provided a premium product and premium service. Only which 1 is true... I read the entire brochure I was sent for warranty information and neither Geek Squad not Besst Buy were mentioned in it only things iike "Sony service/repair center"

Amy Melissa

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:03 am

The division has folded!

What more do you need to know?

Lots of divisions and companies have folded over the years. I'm not going to sit and "geek out" at you for simple business trends.

michael flanigan

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:50 am

You don't have to geek out. Looking to get some attention to get this resolved and bridge the gap even other people have issues as soon as a month ago so its still an on going issue.

Laura Mclean

Post » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:39 am

If I were anyone with logic of the situation, I wouldn't expect ******e.

keri seymour

Return to VAIO Computers