sony vaio flip 15a touch screen issue Model: SVF15N17CXB

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:04 am

Hello,

I purchased this laptop last week, but had to return it due to a screen blemish; additionally, the touch functionality of the screen would stop working after a while. I didn't think much of the touch issue at the time and exchanged the laptop, hoping it would take care of all issues. With this new laptop (15a) the touch screen issue (touch failing) is even worse and requires me to either log out or disable then re-enable the HID-compliant touch screen driver (under device manager) to get the touch functionality of the screen back. This seems to happen every 10 to 30 minutes. I updated to Windows 8.1 and also updated VAIO Guesture Control Software ver 2.4.1.09050, which is supposed to be compatible with Win8.1. Skype and chrome browser are the only bits of software I"ve installed. d Everything else on this laptop workis...Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this before I exchange it a second time, except for a different brand? I like everything else about the the laptop, just wish the touch screen would work all of the time, like it's supposed to. Thanks in advance for any help.

evelina c

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:34 am

Hi Jastow,

I regret to hear that, we can try to bit.ly/LapMagWin

Lew.p

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:29 am

I just received my 15A today and have the exact same issue. Every 30 minutes or so, the touchscreen stops working. Closing the cover and opening it again reactivates it. Per your procedure above, running the touchscreen calibration re-activated the touchscreen.

I looked in the event viewer and did not see any error or warning messages.

Lisa

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:52 am

To clarify, simply starting the touchscreen calibration utility and immediately closing it with the escape key is enough to re-activate the touchscreen. It's happened a few more times and I think it seems to occur when I'm swiping from the edge of the screen.

I should also mention that I upgraded to Windows 8.1.

Kevin S

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:42 am

I also have been having the same problem with my Vaio 15A.

The touchscreen stops working from anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes after starting use.

I also upgraded to Windows 8.1

Fanny Rouyé

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:14 am

Im at work right now, but shoukd be able to calibrate the touchscreen in about 7 hours when i get home. Thanks for the suggestion.
LuCY sCoTT

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:00 am

Jastow,

In my experience, recalibrating the touchscreen is not a fix, it simply re-activates the touchscreen. It seems that there might be a bug in the touchscreen driver.

Do you know if it occurs for you when you're swiping from an edge or just anytime?

Miranda Taylor

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:22 am

I'm having the same issue with my 15A and it seems to be getting worse. I've lost touch control three times this morning. Notifications seem to help trigger it, almost as if the driver suffers from a loss of focus.

Open and closing the tablet doesn't work for me; I have to reboot. I'll try running the calibration instead.

Farrah Barry

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:06 am

It doesn seem to happen in a any particular situation and sometimes it stops working when im using the touch pad. There isnt any particular situatiin that causesit to stop functioning.
Floor Punch

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:52 am

I just posted an update to my blog SurfaceProArtist.com recommending that buyers stay away from the VAIO Flip 15A until this issue is resolved. http://surfaceproartist.com/blog/2013/11/14/the-real-dealbreaker-for-sony-vaio-flip-15a-frequent-los...

Dark Mogul

Post » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:21 am

I am have the EXACT same issue with my two day old Flip 15A.

I updated to Win 8.1 and installed all Sony updates. It was a clean upgrade, no errors. Everything is working great, except the screen

Every so often, between 10 - 60 minutes, the touch screen just stops working. No messages. Sometimes nothing is running at all except thre Win 8.1 tile GUI. It just stops. When I close the lid and then open it back up after about 30 seconds, it is working again. Good for another 10 - 60 minutes.

I love this system so far. Very fast. Using it in tablet mode much more than I thought I would be. It is great, until the touchscreen stops.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP. With four of us having this exact issue in just a few days, it is a real problem.

Gene

Ernesto Salinas

Return to VAIO Computers