Touch Pad and Keyboard

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 3:27 am

I have no response from my mouse touch pad and keyboard. It appears that it is locked, or not functioning. I have tried a few suggestions, sticky keys, remove battery. i have a external Microsoft keyword that works fine allowing me access to my computer.
I have a VPCF1 Vaio laptop windows 7 64 bit No idea if this locked or a soft ware issue.

Thanks Mel
naana

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 7:18 am

I also started experiencing this problem - also with Windows 7 64bit. My laptop is EB series though. Funny thing is that the keyboard actually works outside Windows (in BIOS for example), so apparently this is a software issue. No updates helped - neither from Microsoft, nor from Sony. My guess is Windows Update messing up with hardware, but still I would like some info and, of course, solution to the problem. This post was written with on-screen keyboard.
Gen Daley

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:40 am

After two days of trying to fix the problem (including installation of Linux just to prove it is NOT a hardware problem) I accidentally found a workaround. If you hibernate the laptop and then resume it the keyboard works. LOL. I still want a real solution though.
Rude Gurl

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 6:47 am

I have the same problem, but with a brand new VCCB190X running Win 7 Pro. The Synaptics Trackpad and buttons quit working, except in Safe Mode. The trackpad works when booting up until the first "chime", at which point it quits working. Control Panel indicates drivers are updated and device is working properly, but it is definitely not. I tried to reinstall drivers and settings in Safe Mode from Sony website as per Sony tech support to no avail. Currently using external USB mouse and keyboard, which works fine in both Safe and Regular Modes, and the laptop keyboard works in either mode as well. I just have to plug in a USB mouse whenever I use my laptop, or only work in Safe Mode (not acceptable). Anybody got any ideas beyond what the Sony techs came up with that did not work? Putting the computer into Hibernation does not work.
James Baldwin

Return to VAIO Computers