Turn off Loop region?

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:10 am

Carried over from THIS in Vegas Forum . .

I can't make JM's script function. I Copied and pasted into Notepad and saved as KillRegion.js - yes? Is that correct?

Grazie
saharen beauty

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:56 am

I'm not sure what John's script is trying to do but this will collapse the loop region thus turning it off in Vegas Pro 8.0 (which I know you are using). This will not work in Vegas 7 and below because it uses the new Vegas Pro 8.0 Transport class.

Here is the code:

Code Block:
/** * Program: ZeroLoopRegion.cs * Description: This script will remove the loop region and selection in Vegas Pro 8.0 * Author: John Rofrano * * Revision Date: May. 19, 2008 **/using System;using Sony.Vegas;class EntryPoint{ public void FromVegas(Vegas vegas) { vegas.Transport.LoopRegionLength = Timecode.FromNanos(0); vegas.Transport.SelectionLength = Timecode.FromNanos(0); }}

Just cut and paste it into ZeroLoopRegion.cs (not .js !) This would be great to place as an icon on the toolbar. I know I would use it a lot and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it a lot sooner. The loop region drives me nuts too when I don't need it.

~jr
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 am

Nifty.
Arrogant SId

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:49 pm

I tried the code block in v8, did't work.

I get error occurred during execution of the script ...... zeroloopregion.cs
error 0x8000020(message missing)

I copy the code into a file and saved it has a text file ZeroLoopRegion.cs

It shows up as a cs file type in my script folder under v8.

Did I do this wrong or am I missing something in regards to adding this to some other file.

Also, is there a way to make a keyboard short cut to run either the script menu or a specific script?

Thanks in advance.....
brandon frier

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:38 am

Just went and read the link listed in first post.

I found what I needed in turning off the loop for playing by toggling it on and off using the Q key.

That works for what I want as many times I create a loop region inadvertently. I don't care if it's there, I just want to be able to play through it many time.

What is the intent of the zeroloopregion.cs.?

Disable loop region or erase current loop region?

KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:07 pm

It erases the current loop region.
Farrah Lee

Post » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:08 am

Works perfectly for me. I added code to move it to the start of the timeline. I'm a beginner in all of this...
Code Block:
/** * Program: ZeroLoopRegion.cs * Description: This script will remove the loop region and selection in Vegas Pro 8.0 * Author: John Rofrano * * Revision Date: May. 19, 2008 * Bob Denny 31-Jul-2008 Move it to the start of the timeline too. **/using System;using Sony.Vegas;class EntryPoint{ public void FromVegas(Vegas vegas) { vegas.Transport.LoopRegionStart = Timecode.FromNanos(0); vegas.Transport.LoopRegionLength = Timecode.FromNanos(0); vegas.Transport.SelectionLength = Timecode.FromNanos(0); vegas.Transport.SelectionLength = Timecode.FromNanos(0); }}

Sammygirl

Return to Vegas Pro Forum