VAIO Care Problem & Laptop Problem

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:56 pm

I have two Problems, One With VAIO Care & One With Issues with my PC.
1) I Lost Extended Player From "Accidentally" Uninstalling it after cleaning PC Games That I downloaded Myself. So How can I Reinstall the Extended Player Without having to Buy a Disk or Contact Support from Phone/Online chat. Is there a safe,reliable website that offers Free Installation of Extended Player and Safe Installation?
2) I Clicked on the One Click Care Then After the Report It Shows Performance & check-up. Start and Usage is Fine.
Security (Passed)
Setting (Critical)
Updates (Critical)
Maintenance (Critical)
Please Help Me
Specific Getting into the Settings, Updates and Maintenance Problems.
Setting:
Windows Automatic Update Settings (Passed)
Internet security settings (Passed)
User Account Control Setting ( Passed)
Device Manager (Critical) "There are errors in Windows Device Manager"
Internet Connectivity (Passed)
Updates:
Windows Update ( Passed )
VAIO Update ( Passed )
Self Heal ( Critical ) "You have 2 Patches that may fix your computer's recent crashes."
Maintenance:
Windows Restore Point ( Passed )
Backup Files (Critical) "Select one of the following options to correct the issue or not to check this setting."
My Questions:
1] Is my Fatal Error Message with the Extended Player Every Login Boot Caused the "Critical" Device Manager in Settings? How Can I reinstall it without system recovery.
2] Whats the risk of system recovery if I just pressed the system recovery button without doing anything else?
3] I do not know what patches to fix my computer's crashes because my computer crash a few months ago, and we bought a Recovery C-D which my co-worker helped me with.
4] Is Back up Files required why is critical?
Steps I took after the Report.
1)Down at the bottom I click Fix all.
Then a pop-up appeared saying Select one of the following to correct to issue or not to check this setting. (Retry) (Next)
2) I choose next.
Then a pop up appears saying There are errors in Windows Device Manager. (Retry) (Next)
3) I choose Retry and failed again. So I clicked next.
4) The report was done. Settings was now Passed But Updates & Maintenance is still back to the same problems plus critical. It says the Device Manager was Passed? I thought the thing was missing Extended player.. Hmm..
Now I'm trying "Run System Tune-up."
Vaio Care asked me Do you want to fix the problem?
(yes) (no)
Disk Defragmenter: 0 problem(s) found
Disk Cleaner: 10 problem(s) found
Registry Defragmenter: 0 problem(s) found
Registry Cleaner: 0 problem(s) found
I clicked Yes.
It tells me "This process may take more than five minutes. Click yes to continue. (clicked yes)
Disk cleaner Completed.
I'm re-checking the Systems Tune-up. Yesterday It gave me errors. But I don't remember exactly. It was late at night. Still 8 Errors in Disk Cleaner after Report.
Ok one more time.
This time 7 Errors. Ok I'll get that problem solved later. In the mean-time checking for that error message that I got yesterday night.
I got a question while I'm looking. "Can I still play a downloadable game from MMO/RPG ? Called World of Tanks or do I have to Install that Extended Player.
Also my Disk Problem is back to 8 problems what is the reason? I thought it was cleaned out? What is Disk Cleaner: 8 problem(s) found?
(Updating) Healthy Status.
Sorry For the Long Thread. I only wanted to be as specific as possible so that I may get the most reliable answer from Sony. Please Reply Thank you. -Alex Please Email me Sony Support Team/ Sony Expert at alextran4568@yahoo.com
Euan

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:44 pm

1) C:/Program Data\Sony Corporation\VAIO Care\SelfHeal\SOAOTH-88888888-1060\SOATH-88888888-1060.EXE
2) C:Program Data\Sony Corporation\VAIO Care\SelfHeal\SOAVCA-00229335-1060.EXE
Please Help me Why are these not working in my VAIO Care?
Please Read and answer my last Thread. Thank you Sony.
-Alex
Valerie Marie

Return to VAIO Computers