VAIO Care Update version 8.3.0.08220 won't install.

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:12 am

Hi all,

I'm using a Vaio duo 11. Love it.

The Vaio Update software just asked me to update Vaio care update version 8.3.0.0.8220. However, the installation keeps failing. It always exits when trying to remove the old version of the software.

I tried manually uninstalling vaio care from control panel, but the programme just won't install. It continues to appear in the control panel uninstall programme list.

Anyway, I would expect that the new vaio care update installer should be able to shut down whatever services need shutting down in order to remove the old software.

Anyone else has eperienced this and any advice please?

Justin

Maria Garcia

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Please http://www.designstudioschool.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=264 of your VAIO computer.

Lisa Robb

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:42 pm

It's a Vaio Duo 11, bought in Australia.

Model number is: SVD11216PGB.

Thanks!

Alexx Peace

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:40 am

What is the current version of your VAIO care? is there any error message when you tried uninstalling VAIO care? Have you tried disabling the VAIO care from running prior to uninstalling?

Kevan Olson

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:28 am

OK, this is where it gets confusing. Based on the version.txt file in the Vaio care subdirectory, the version is: 8.2.0.15030.

However, if you run the Vaio care app from the start menu, the lower left corner of the app shows version:1.3.1.08220.

There is no error message when I try to uninstall Vaio care. The programme simply terminates and Vaio care is still installed.

I'm not sure what the best way is of terminating Vaio care before uninstalling. What i have done is gone to the task manager and make sure vaio care is not running there. I also terminate any background process which begins with the words Vaio. I then try to uninstall vaio care, but no go.

I have even used msconfig to run win 8 in diagnostic mode with minimum drivers etc loaded and then tried to uninstall vaio care. It still doesn't work.

Hope this gives you a better picture of the issue.

Thanks.

Justin

Taylor Bakos

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:06 am

Try deleting the VAIO Care utility cache file. To delete (clear) the VAIO Care utility cache file, browse to the C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation directory on the hard drive and delete the VAIO Update folder.

IMPORTANT: In order to access the C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation location, it will be necessary to configure the operating system to show all files and folders:

• https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37098
  • https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41822

After deleting the folder, restart your computer. Download and reinstall VAIO Care and its update. For further assistance, we kindly recommend contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.com.au/section/support for your Australian model computer.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

Leonie Connor

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:35 am

Nope it still won't uninstall. I was able to delete the Vaio update folder and reboot, but the vaio care app still refuses to uninstall.

I did contact Sony support, but their advice is to use Vaio assist to reinstall my system; something I am unwilling to do at this point.

Any other suggestions would be most appreciated.

DAVId Bryant

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:57 pm

I completely understand that you can't perform system recovery at this point. If system restore didn't help resolved your issue and you have tried all troubleshooting steps, I guess the last option is to perform system recovery. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Marion Geneste

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:51 pm

I am using the Vaio Pro 13 and having the same problem, along with lid closing issues where the computer restarts on its own and I lose all my work.

I was on the phone with support tonight who tried to complete a system recovery by hitting the "assist" button, which didn't work correctly. It brought up the login screen instead of the recovery screen.

He then suggested to send me DVD drivers for the full recovery, but.... THERE ARE NO DRIVES on this laptop.

He then suggested I send my laptop in to Sony. I asked for the address, and I never heard from him again. I kept asking for the address and no one was on the other line. It was bizarre.

Needless to say, I am beyond frustrated. I love the laptop, but these restarting/lid closing issues are infuriating me, and the fact that I cannot install a Vaio care update for a Vaio computer is irritating.

Emmi Coolahan

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 pm

DId you power on the unit with the ASSIST button, or did you press it at some other time. To start the recovery partition you must power on the notebook using the ASSIST button.

Ells

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:50 pm

I had the same problem.First uninstall Vaio Update and other vaio software gadgets.After you done this you can uninstal the old version and install the new Vaio Care version 8.3.0.08220. dont forget to reinstall the other vaio software you had uninstall..it will work

BrEezy Baby

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks a lot. It worked! I only had to uninstall Vaio update and Vaio improvement. Then I was able to uninstall Vaio care and install the new Vaio care version.
Jaki Birch

Return to VAIO Computers