VEVO YouTube Music Videos

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:31 pm

I love my Dash so far... just one quick question...I'm subscribed to a bunch of artists that have VEVO accounts, but none of the videos in their accounts will play..For example go to http://www.youtube.com/sonsofsylviavevo in your browser you will be able to play videos, but using the Youtube app on the dash brings up ...no video..what gives? also, it would be great if, in addition to MyPlay you included access to Vevo.com video.
Symone Velez

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:37 pm

Does anyone know why on the Sony BDPS770 Blu Ray player that via Youtube that no VEVO music videos appear? I can put many videos in my favorites on both my YouTube account or on the list via the cumbersome blu-ray search tool, but the only ones that make it onto the blu ray are the non-VEVO videos. Sony is part of the VEVO group, so why are we not able to view the videos on the Sony systems, and no doubt the VEVO music videos are high quality? I even "subscribed" with VEVO to see if that was causing the problem, no go. Netflix works great between my computer account and the blu-ray. 3D DVD's all work great. I can go on the blu-ray and search for YouTube videos and play them with no problem (low quality ones). But forget about it with VEVO. Anybody know if there is a secret somewhere or is Sony just out and out blocking them?

I have gone all in with Sony, 3D Bravia, 7.1 A/V-R, PS3 and this blu ray player. My dream is being able to instead of just listening to music to also be able to pull up hd music videos, that i've chosen, and let them run in a sequence that I've set up. Anybody have an idea how to accomplish this on this system? Better dream is 3D Music videos streamed in, but we're way down the road from there.
Mike Plumley

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:20 pm

VEVO use a different system to YouTube's main site and so it would require a separate application, which Sony are working on at the moment.
Ludivine Dupuy

Post » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:14 am

Does Sony have a rough estimate on when VEVO support would be available ? Are we talking this quarter, next quarter, 6 months ? A rough release date would be nice to know.

It is somewhat ironic that VEVO is partly owned by Sony Music Entertainment but not yet supported by Sony players. I would have thought access to Sony music content would have been supported first over other internet content.
Jaylene Brower

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:32 pm

This is my first and probably last post. I purchased a blu-ray system for a new tv at bj's, a BDVT57. I already have a Roku for my upstairs tv and use netflix and youtube without issues (INCLUDING vevo videos).

Seriously, WTF? I'm returning this thing because I can't search netflix on the tv, the playlists on youtube I set up for my kids won't show up, and that pretty much makes the thing worthless.

It's going back and I'm getting another Roku and a home theater system that will cost a lot less because I won't need it to be wi-fi ready.

How the heck could Sony have come out with such a crappy interface?

BTW, the remote is awful as well-- typing in anything is a nightmare.

roku got it right, you didn't.
rolanda h

Post » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:50 pm

This is so frustratng...does anyone know how to get all youtube videos in a play list to show up on the Sony BDP-s570? Is Sony working on a fix? After I updated to the latest firmware a couple of weeks ago, I now see even LESS videos. Does anyone have a workaround or solution? It is not only VEVO videos that do not disply. I have a playlist of 150 videos and only 12 show up when I access it from the Sony bdp-s570.
Nicole M

Return to Blu-ray Players