Device and suit mismatch error

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:36 pm

I recently purchased a used Sony Dash and I too have been getting the device and suit mismatch error. I have already attempted to correct and register my device multiple times based on the steps in: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32625/kw/mismatch/p/46543,46552,46553/c/65,66/related/1

However, I continue to get the device and suit mismatch error each time on the black screen. I was able to contact the original owner who has already unlinked/unregistered his account from the device. I’ve repeated the steps to reinitialize/reset the device multiple times and continue to get the same error.

Based on other threads/topics I’ve read, I already private messaged (yesterday) my information to moderators (EllaC and DaveJ) with my MAC address, serial #, etc. However, I have not received any response. I also contacted Sony previously and they were not able to help me any further. Who is able to reset my unit from Sony’s end?

Thanks.

Marquis deVille

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:16 pm

There have been 0 responses to this thread I started, particularly from Sony. Seeing the number of discussions started by users with the same problem/error message, most getting no responses, or only canned responses from moderators to re-initialize their Dash (which is not working for many many people including me), it seems completely unprofessional. Rather than responding and having the courage to admit they don't have solutions and/or don't want to support the Dash anymore (if that is the case), they stay silent. Do they officially not want to support the Dash, but want to leave customers guessing? Is their non-response their way of telling this to users? Are they just trying to save face in front of everyone who bought the Dash, by not speaking up? And as our bricked Dashes age, we users just end up junking them wasting our time and $$. Sony hopes the Dash just goes away quietly I guess...

Greg Cavaliere

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:48 pm

There have been no replies to this post. Sony indeed does not care!

I guess my posts didn't have a strong-enough threat or enough anger, like other posts which eventually got moderators to respond (asking users to private message their serial #, model, MAC address, etc, etc).

Needless to say, yes add me to the list of those who are forever boycotting Sony products. I'll just continue spreading the word to every person I know not to buy Sony products, as they're only capable of acting like a typical multi-national corporation without accountability.

John Moore

Return to Dash Personal Internet Viewer